Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finding A Church

I don't know if you have ever had a problem finding a church, but I sure did. What do you look for?
For me the problem started with the preachers on TV. There are so many to pick from that you are bound to find a couple that you really like. Many of these preachers, are also good teachers. They explain many things that puzzle the average person. They bring in the original Hebrew or Greek words that clarify what we read.
Jesus and the Holy Spirit are constant subjects. The word of God is open to all. They have books and CDs that I have found to be a big help. I have listened to some CDs, literally dozens of times. I have books that I read 4 or 5 times, and highlighted a lot of them. I also share them with others.
Now for the bad part. Most of us who enjoy TV preachers have a tendency to compare a local church to them. That may or may not be a good thing to do.
When you check out a local church, realize no church is perfect, not even the ones on TV. I look at things like, do they teach, and are the sermons based on the Bible, do they teach Jesus, the Holy Spirit, grace. In the end it should edify you. Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance in selecting a church. It may take going to a number of them, before your heart tells you that this is the one. If the Holy Spirit puts it in your heart to go to a particular church, do it. If you are in a church that your heart is not happy with, ask the Holy Spirit, and if your heart still tells you this is not the one, leave it.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank Yourselves

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment