Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 22

It Is Written, Exodus 30:30, unknowing to Aaron and his sons and consecrate them, so they may serve me as priests.
When you read the Old Testament, you find many incidents where anointing occurred. There was the common everyday type of anointing, mostly with perfumes and other types of oils. Then there were sacred anointing s with special holy oil.
We will look at the sacred oil. It was made by priests according to a formula given to Moses by God. Exodus 30:23 – 25 this oil was used for anointing prophets, Kings, and priests. Anyone anointed with this special sacred oil, was protected by God Psalm 105:15 among others.
When someone was anointed, such as a prophet, he had a special connection with God. He could talk to God, pass on prophecy from God to the King or the people, and even work miracles as directed by God. These people were chosen by God, to do specific things.
You really don't see that type of anointing in everyday life. That does not mean that type of anointing is not happening.
I believe the anointing today comes as a spiritual one from the Holy Spirit. There are people today who seem to have special insight in teaching the Bible. Some are evangelists, and some have a healing ministries. I believe God picked these people because He knows they are willing to do everything it takes to fulfill His plan. When God picks them, the Holy Spirit anoints them for their particular role.
God knows what each of us is capable of, and what we are willing to do. What we have to do, is understand that if God wanted us to do something different he would've put it in our hearts. Just as the celebrity preachers are doing their job, we need to do ours, knowing that in God's eyes, we are just as good as they are, and He loves us just as much.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment