Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 25

It Is Written, Proverbs 1:28, "then they will call out to me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently, but they will not find me".
I thought I would write this verse as an example of what you should not do. This verse gives you the idea that God is coldhearted, and lacking in love or compassion. If this is all there was, that would be a reasonable assumption. Read on my friends.
If you read verses eight – 31 of Proverbs 1, you will quickly understand why God said this. To make a long story short for those who aren't familiar with  these verses, here it is briefly.
As in all of Proverbs, it is basically written as instructions to his son. He is talking about wisdom, and avoiding all kinds of sin. It refers to rejecting God, refusing to accept correction, acting like fools and thinking you don't need God. Obviously this is a basic recap. Do yourself a favor and read the whole chapter.
There are many places in the Bible, if you take a line here or there, you may get the opposite idea of what it really means . So if you study the word, don't just take the line that seems to jump out at you. Think about every verse and whether it lines up with the word of God. Not sure? Check it out till you find it out.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment