Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 11

It Is Written Colossians3:15, I let the peace of God rule in my heart, and I refuse to worry about anything.
You may be wondering how to get the peace of God in your heart. I asked that question many times. I looked for the answers in books, CDs, preachers, and other believers.
A number of times I heard the answer, but my worldly brain rejected the truth. I guess I didn't realize at the time, that this is what was happening. I tried to make peace in my heart I my own. Need I say that didn't work?
I had a couple of responsible jobs in my career. I had to plan, make decisions, and make things happen. So you see, that was part of my problem. I guess I felt like I had to control everything in my life. Retirement added another level to my lack of peace.
I heard plenty about letting go, and letting God, and trusting in the Lord, but that was hard for me. Even if you are a believer, it can be hard.
I prayed about it, and things seemed better. The problem was, I kept taking the problem back. I mostly did it out of fear because I had no control. A real roller coaster ride.
I started talking to the Holy Spirit and asking for help to trust God. Little by little things got better. I started to relax. I started to leave it with God. If I took it back, the Holy Spirit convicted me of it, and I gave it back. One morning he said take all cares out of your mind. All those who seek the kingdom and trust God completely, never miss a blessing. Believe it or not, that turned my thinking around. I put all my trust in God, and I now have the peace of God in my heart. It took a little time and a lot of prayer, but I am happy to say God did not let me down.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment