Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 8

It Is Written, James 1:5 if anyone of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
Wisdom is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit to us. Wisdom also means judgment. This judgment means knowledge to know God's will for us, and to make good choices.
I must admit that I really didn't pay much attention to wisdom as a gift from God. I fell into the trap of thinking I was making wise, informed decisions. I thought I was somewhat better than average in my choices. Sound familiar?
I made some bad decisions that were costly. But I figured I was more right than wrong, so I was okay. What I didn't realize was that I could have done much better, if I left the decisions to the Holy Spirit. I wonder if any of my brilliant decisions were the Holy Spirit or me. I know I can take credit for all of the disasters though.
I'll give you and example of how the Holy Spirit works. The other day, I was flipping through the channels, and I saw Stephen Brooks as a guest on one of the shows. I have seen him before so I watched him. He was talking about operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. He has written a book with that title.
I quickly went to Amazon, and got his book on my Kindle. I read it in 2 sittings. It was a real eye opener. This was something to get excited about. Fantastic the way things were explained. Now I am reading it to my wife, when she feels the same way. The Holy Spirit led me and I followed. That is the only thing I can say. Read that book. It will change your life. You will have an entirely new outlook on how the Holy Spirit operates.
Asking the Holy Spirit for wisdom and understanding, before you start to read the Bible, will really open your eyes. The other day I was reading Psalms, and when I read Psalm 32, it spoke to me. I told my wife about Psalm 32, and suggested she read it. It really spoke to her too. She told me she felt like she had been in touch with the Holy Spirit. I think this is only the beginning.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment