Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 7

It Is Written, Deuteronomy 6:5 "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength".
Sound impossible? Is it important? Well it was mentioned in the Old Testament, because it is the first and greatest commandment. Matthew 22:37 – 38 mentions in the New Testament. When you put this together, it shows you how important this statement is.
The way I interpret this verse is pretty simple. I do not believe that this verse is telling us to be on our knees all day praying, or thinking of nothing else at all times. God knows we are human.
What I believe we are to do, if we want to follow this commandment, is not really as impossible as it sounds. God gave us the Word, which was inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is a set of instructions on how to live. It is easier for us than it was for the people in Moses day, because it is spelled out for us by Jesus example, and the New Testament.
If you read the Bible, and concentrate on what Jesus said and did, you can't go wrong. If you live your life as one who is saved by acceptance of Jesus, and follow His example, you will want to live your life reflecting Jesus.
Be generous to the poor, do not judge anyone, forgive everyone, treat others as you would like to be treated. Get the idea? Follow Jesus, and do everything with a happy heart. Once in a while, we all slip up. Ask forgiveness, and start again. When we imitate Jesus, I believe we are living out the first commandment.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment