Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 9

It Is Written, Job 42:10 and the Lord restored Job losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.
This is called intercessory prayer. It means when you pray for someone else. It is regarded as the most powerful prayer, because it is not selfish or self-serving.
It is good to pray for someone else. It shows love for your fellow man, and that pleases God. This type of prayer should not be reserved for friends and family, it should include everyone.
We are to pray even for people we don't like, or did us some kind of harm. This is a really tough one for me. Pray for our really unlikable coworker or neighbor. I said, Lord you are asking an awful lot. He said, do it anyway.
Well I got over it, just as Jonah did. Now I'm happy to pray for anyone and everyone. Most of these people don't even know I pray for them. That's fine with me, but sometimes I would like to see their faces when their doctor tells them, there is nothing wrong.
When I hear an ambulance, I ask God to help them, and bring them salvation. Sometimes I see people in the crowd, and I ask for them to be saved, because I would hate for anyone to go to hell.
Every morning I ask the Holy Spirit to help me bless someone today. Almost 100% strangers. I believe the more you pray for, and bless others, like Job, the more you will be blessed. Another advantage of praying for someone else, is that you start to feel very close to the Lord, and the Holy Spirit guides your steps.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment