Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 24

It Is Written, Matthew 4:4, but He answered and said "it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God".
When I read this verse, I look at it from a couple of different angles.
Not live by bread alone is directed to the flesh man. God is basically saying to man, that the ways of the flesh will not lead to salvation, which we need more than bread. It also implies there is a better way to live.
2 Timothy 3:16 tells us that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God. Scripture therefore is in fact the word of God.
Luke 24:27 says that beginning with Moses and then the prophets, Scripture was revealed to them by God. The Scriptures were written by various people as revealed to them by the Holy Spirit.
With Jesus resurrection, the Holy Spirit was given to all believers in Jesus and what He did. The Holy Spirit at that moment becomes our teacher, helper, and guide. The Holy Spirit is that small voice within us.
2 Corinthians 5:7 says that we walk by faith and not by sight. Romans 10:17 says faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
The only possible way any of us can achieve any of this, is by the Holy Spirit. He enlightens us, helps us, and gives power to our prayers when we pray in Jesus name. It seems to me, that the whole point of this verse, is to follow the word of God, and put aside the ways of the world.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment