Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day 16

It Is Written, Psalm 37:16, a little that a righteous man has, is better than the riches of many wicked.
Have you ever given much thought to how content you are? I never really thought about it, until I started thinking about the power of words, and how they affect choices you make.
The following example can apply to anything in your life. In this case, let's use your car for an example. Suppose it is five years old, and runs good. However, you see an ad for a new car, and you really like what you see.
At this point, you see your old car through different eyes. It no longer suits you. You start talking to yourself about things you don't like about your car. As you talk you come up with more reasons to get rid of it. After a while, you really hate your car, and don't want it anymore.
You run out to get the shiny new one. Now you start talking to yourself about all the good things about the new car. Just as you made your old car a junk in your mind, you make the new one better than that is. This happens with dozens of things in a person's life. We keep chasing what we think will make us happy, but it never does.
Just as a reminder, God considers complaining a sin. Remember when the Hebrews complained about that? If you are righteous in the Lord, he will provide what you need or desire at the right time. Everything we have comes from the Lord, so we should all be thankful at all times.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment