Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 23

It Is Written, Romans 6:3 –4 , " or do you not know that as many of us were baptized into Christ Jesus, were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the father, even so we also should walk in newness of life"
There are two schools of thought about baptism. Some religions sprinkle water on a persons forehead, and other Christians believe in immersion, when a person is old enough to understand what it represents, and to make that choice for themselves.
I am not saying that one is right and the other is wrong. Baptism by immersion is biblical. People get in lakes, rivers, even swimming pools. Most churches use a large tub. Baptism by sprinkling is usually done in a church, when a baby is about a month old.
It is said that baptism washes away our sins. The fact is in Bible times baptism followed conversions so quick, most times, it was like it was one event. The true significance of water baptism, is that it is an outward sign to those present, of our new life and faith through Jesus. In the baptism we die with Christ, we are buried with Christ, and we rise again with Christ.
I don't know about you, but in a church that I was brought up in, we never heard anything about what baptism was about. All it meant to us was that if we died right away we go right to heaven. When I found out what baptism really represents, I couldn't wait to be baptized. When that  happened I felt such a feeling of peace and joy, that I can't describe it. Check it out for yourself, and believe me it didn't hurt a bit. If you're bashful, most churches will baptize you in private.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, and your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment