Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 14

It Is Written, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, therefore comfort each other and edify one another.
In case it is not obvious, this is about fellowship. Fellowship seems to mean different things to different people. Most people associate fellowship with church, but usually in the context of having coffee with other people after the service.
Having coffee after service is a great time to get together with other believers. How much you get out of it, depends on who you are with. Let me clarify.
If you belong to a church where there is a predominantly negative congregation, you have to decide if you are to be a light to them, or will they be darkness to you. I was in this situation over a year and a half. Constant negativity. I prayed about whether to stay or go, and after that one and a half years, nothing changed. Again I prayed, and had an overwhelming desire to leave, so I did.
The Church I attend now, seems to have an ancestor about it like the Holy Spirit. I never saw so many believers in person. Preachers are dynamic, and fellowship here is the way the Bible describes. I look forward to church. There are a number of charitable organizations that a few hundred of our people volunteered with. The Bible in action. Praise the Lord!
When you're in this type of environment, having coffee with people after the service, is enjoyable, as well as edifying. As far as I can tell this is Bible kind of fellowship.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment