Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 19

It Is Written, Matthew 6:7, and when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathens do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
This verse is not saying that if you read prayers written by yourself or someone else, that you are a heathen. Think about this. If you constantly read a prayer or repeat one from memory, can you really notice the meaning? That is like someone you love, telling you that they love you while they read a newspaper.
Case in point. The Our Father. It is probably said millions of times in a single day. I was one of those people, until I heard a preacher on TV explaining every line. It was beautiful. It has so much meaning that most people miss what it says. When I say it now, it is with understanding and feeling.
Situations change every day. There are new things you need or want, there are many things to be thankful for. There are other people to pray for.
Try this. Pretend you are God, and you just blessed someone, and they thank you the way you used to thank God. Does it seem they are really thankful? I don't know the mind of God about this, but if I was God, I would rather hear a few words from the heart, then an hour of just meaningless words.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment