Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Danger Of Judging

We have a tendency to judge others without even thinking about. Here arer a couple of examples of judging that I've been guilty of. Maybe you have been guilty to.
Someone parks in a handicapped spot, and appears to be a healthy man in his early 20s. You don't notice or even look for the handicapped sticker. Turns out he is a double amputee. 0h Oh.
Not learning a lesson, we continue to judge people parking in handicapped spots. A lot of them are obviously not handicapped. In our self-righteous indignation, we say, I would never do that.
Well my friends, every time you say that or something like that, you are guilty of judging someone else.  Your pride takes over and you begin to cast judgement.  You are probably even guilty of complaining. God hates pride and complaining. Who do you suppose is more guilty?
Another serious problem comes up when we judge other people by how they look. I was witness to an example of this years ago. I was at a Cadillac dealership. Two scruffy looking men came in, and one of the salesmen laughed and said to another salesman, look, two prospects for you. The second replied, more like suspects, and avoided them. I observed  probably a new salesman, who came up to these two scruffy looking guys, and asked if he could help them. To make the story short, both of these scruffy men each bought a brand-new car and had the cash with them. The two laughing guys lost out on several thousand dollars in commissions. This is a true story, a little extreme perhaps, but absolutely true. They learned the lesson the hard way. The one who did not judge profited.
Someone may look to you like an assassin and they are actually a pastor in a neighborhood that's not quite up to the normal standards that people have. I for one have learned my lesson. In case you were wondering, I was not any of the salesmen.
We may all slip once in a while, and our mouth says something that our brain didn't catch up with yet, but don't condemn yourself, just try harder next time.
It is written, Matthew 7:1 –3 , "do not judge, or you will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you".
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment