Monday, October 6, 2014

Bible Attitudes

The Bible is the best-selling book of all time in the world. I believe Pilgrims progress is second.
These two facts are astounding to me. I know very few people who read the Bible. Well maybe they read just a little once in a while. I am the only one however that I know, who read Pilgrims progress. It makes you wonder why so many people buy these books every year.
I've taken an unofficial survey over the last few years, and the results are sad. The average person dismisses the Bible as a fairytale. Just a bunch of stories to scare people, or to confuse them. It is old-fashioned and hard to understand, and doesn't address itself to modern times. If you ask what in particular they are referring to, they can't give you an answer because most of them haven't read it.
Then of course you have the people that pick something that they say they do believe, and follow it up with something they don't believe. One person even said their church doesn't believe everything in the Bible. This last statement may or may not be true.
What all of these people have in common, is that they don't believe the Bible was inspired by God, and that the problem with the Bible is that we must adapt to it, rather than it adapt to us. You cannot pick and choose what you believe from God's word. It is all true.
Years ago, I heard an old-time preacher say that the Bible is so easy to understand, that a five-year-old could do it. I got so mad I yelled at the TV to show me that five-year-old. I thought the old preacher was a bit balmy.
The Holy Spirit moved me to get a New King James version study Bible, and to actually study it. All I can say after reading the Bible cover to cover six times, I have reached the point where I believe there just may be some five-year-olds that understand it just as the preacher said.
Don't pay attention to people that say negative things about the Bible. Make up your mind to study it, and to believe every bit of it. It is the word of God, given to us as instructions to get back to Him. People that make jokes about the Bible and talk about seeing their friends in hell, need our prayers, because they don't know what they're talking about. Think about it.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, your death and resurrection brought me salvation, by your stripes I was healed. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment