Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wants And Blessings

It Is Written, Philippians 4:19, and my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
From the day of our birth, we all want something. Maybe a bottle, or a clean diaper, we want something from day one. As we start to grow, we have more wants. We also have more needs. Somewhere along the line, are wants become our needs.
If a child is raised properly, he is taught to say please and thank you. Sometimes they actually mean it. It becomes a habit with most to appease their parents.
When the children become adults, the vast majority of them stop saying please and thank you. They feel that since they are adults, why lower themselves to that child stuff. We all go through life doing pretty much what we feel like doing. We look at everything as, if something happens that is good it is like, and if there are problems, it is just unlucky.
I was much like I am describing. For years, good and bad was happening. Things I wanted, many times didn't work out. Things I did, failed quite often. Things that should have worked, didn't. Things that shouldn't have been, usually were. All in all pretty miserable.
Then one day at found the Lord. As I grew in the spirit, I began to see some unbelievable things. When I look back, I saw so many things that fell apart on me, were actually blessings. I saw where, if it had gone my way, it would've been a total disaster. When I say all things worked for my good, I say that with all my heart. I had blessings all my life, and didn't even realize it. I have often said, God protected me from myself, and led me, sometimes kicking and screaming, to salvation.
I have included a copy of a poem written by Margaret Fishback Powers, called Footprints In The Sand. If ever a poem described my life, and possibly yours, this would probably be it. If you read this poem and think back on your life, you will probably see a lot of what I described about myself.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen


Foot Prints In The Sand

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.
After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.
This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints,

It was then that I carried you."

No comments:

Post a Comment