Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fear Of Gods Will

it is written,1 Corinthians 1:18, "for the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the power of God".
Have you ever noticed the reaction of different people when you mention Jesus or God? The reactions range from total indifference, to absolute anger. It really is amazing the way emotions are stirred up.
Let's take a look at some examples. I use these examples because I witnessed them. If you read these examples, I think you'll agree that some of the reactions are a bit excessive.
I was taking insulin for type II diabetes. We prayed for healing, that is exactly what happened. I was healed. My wife and I were excited, and wanted to tell everyone. We told a close relative, and they dismissed the  healing as nothing. They attributed it to physical exercise or possibly diet change or whatever, which was not true of course. Other people looked at us as though we had three heads. Some said, "that's nice". Even a couple of Christians were skeptical.
When my wife and I get a good set of CDs, a book or a movie, that teaches us something about the word of God, we try to share them with others. We get extra copies to pass around. Usually after a month or so, we ask, how did you like it? Answer 9 times out of 10 is, I have been so busy I didn't have time to check it out.
People are so quick to pass things off, or ignore them. We are not trying to push Jesus down anyone's throat, but they sure act like it. I have come to the conclusion that a lot of these people ignore Jesus, or hate Him because they are either afraid that He will do something they don't like, or they don't want to be accountable for their actions. The old head in the sand thing.
It is like people are in a card game by choice, and they don't know what the stakes are. You cannot avoid a problem by not acknowledging it. Whether people believe the beginning verse or not, what it says, is what it is. The best thing you can do for yourself or someone else, is to pray for the Holy Spirit to enlighten them.
When someone is saved, and you mention Jesus, you'll see smiles and excitement, and someone who wants to talk about Him.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment