Sunday, October 12, 2014

Steps In Life

It Is Written Proverbs 3:6 "In all my ways acknowledge Him and He directs my path."
Whenever we pray, most of us want an instant answer. I imagine that comes from the fact that we have become an instant society. I am pretty sure that God doesn't work that way.
Life and answers to prayers, are usually a series of steps over time. Remember that God does not operate on our time schedule.
You start out praying for something. Okay so you did the first step, you ask God, and put it in His hands. He acts in the first of what will probably be a number of steps. To a large extent, the number of steps is connected to your faith.
As time goes by, things happen. Some things are pleasant, and some not so much. Your faith is tested, sometimes to the point that you are ready to give up. You get angry with God and yourself. You are angry because you want to give up, but for some reason you can't.
While all of this is going on, you are still talking to God, and He is with you, but the steps keep coming. Having faith is sometimes a real struggle. You start to notice things happening for the good, that seem to come out of nowhere. Then you see the answer to your prayer.
As you look back, you begin to see how each step depended on the one before. God tested your faith to see if you could handle it. Remember, He knew where this was going, as well as the best way to get there. You become a better person in some way.
To sum it all up, when you pray, realize that the answer will probably come in steps. The more faith you have, and the fewer times you take back the problem, the fewer steps will be needed for the answer. Believe me when I tell you, I learned what I say the hard way. The sooner we learn to trust God completely, the happier and more prosperous we will be.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood has washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, and your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment