Monday, October 20, 2014

Poor And Homeless

It Is Written Proverbs 21:13, " whoever shuts his ears to the cry of the poor will also cry himself and not be heard."
There our many poor and homeless people in this world. You don't have to look too far to find one of these unfortunates.
It is easy for most people who are doing well, to criticize or look down on them. Many people feel that homeless and poor means lazy with absolutely no ambition. In some cases this is probably true. Generally that does not tell the real story. The thing we must remember is, that no matter what their condition, they belong to God just as we do. It is His job to judge, not ours.
If you talk to some of these people, there are some genuine tragedies involved. Maybe someone lost a spouse, maybe their house, the job, or any number of things they haven't been able to deal with. Maybe if some of these people had someone to talk to the way most of us do, they would find their way.
Most of us who are reasonably well-off sometimes find it difficult to understand about poor or homeless. Most of us could get help, or, get some cash if we had to. For the most part they can't. I don't believe anybody would enjoy living on the street, unless they needed professional help. When someone hasn't got it, and can't get it, what are they supposed to do?
Some people say that God abandoned these people. I believe God sent someone to help them; you and me. It is written in Matthew 25:40 "assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as ye did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me".
A lot of us, myself included, have struggled over how we can show God that we love Him, or even feel in our hearts that we truly love God. Well my friends, we have one of the answers as to how to do this. We follow His plan for our life, and part of that plan is for us to help the less fortunate. When we help those in need, we in effect are expressing our love for God. One thing I got in the habit of saying many years ago when I see one of these homeless people, is, there but for the grace of God go. I think about it. Praise the Lord.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment