Thursday, October 2, 2014

In Jesus Place

The other day I was reading a devotional that Kenneth Copeland wrote. In it he said that we are the only body Jesus has on this Earth at the present time. I heard the same thing a while back, but I never really thought about it.
The statement at this time, really started me thinking. We are His hands, His feet, and have His power through the Holy Spirit. We are His tool on this Earth. When He is our Savior, we in effect are just like Him. The Holy Spirit will do the same things with us that He did with Jesus when He was here.
So what does it mean? When Jesus gave the apostles the great commission, He gave them himself. We were created in God's image. We did not become Jesus when we were saved, but we became like Jesus, able to do what He did with the Holy Spirit as the power.
Since all of this is true, what do we do? The answer is given to us in part as the great commission. We are to go into the world and heal the sick, preach the gospel, cast out demons in His name.
If we are Jesus body on this Earth, and we are, we must reflect Him in every way. Help the poor and hungry, love the unlovable, have compassion on everyone. With the help of the Holy Spirit, be the kind of person that people want to be like. We must be as good a reflection of Jesus, that we can possibly be.
I realize that many people probably will not agree with what I have just said, but if you really think about it in terms of what Jesus said in the Bible, I think you'll get the idea. It would probably take a small book, to really explain how this is true.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment