Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What Some Christians Think

I have talked to a lot of people about what they believe in. For now I will talk about people who are supposed to be Christians.
I ask what they think about God. They all say that He created the world. Not too many have a good idea about how much he loves us.
Next, let's look at Jesus. Everyone mentions the Nativity and crucifixion. The problem is, the majority of these people do not understand the significance of these two events.
People generally can't tell you much about Jesus life, what He taught, or what He really did for us. They don't have any idea about how much He loves us. They basically know what others may have told them. The problem is they don't know if the information was correct or not.
Now we come to the least known part of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit. Ask most people to name three functions of the Holy Spirit, and a lot of people can't give you one. Not surprising, since a lot of churches hardly mention anything about Him.
Here is a good question. If you're going somewhere for 10 years, and whatever you needed had to be prepared in advance, because you couldn't change a thing when you got there, or get anything that you forgot, how carefully would you plan? No matter what you forgot, there is no going back. Sound scary?
Well my friends, we are all going on a trip. This trip however, is forever. It is called eternity. Another tricky part is, we don't know when our trip starts. God the master planner, sent us a complete set of instructions, called the Bible. It contains all the information we need. If you follow the Bible, your trip will be glorious, and you don't have to worry about when you are going, or what will be there when you get there.
I don't say this to insult anyone. We all need to look at ourselves the way God sees us. Does He see a real Christian? If you confess your sins with your mouth, believe in Jesus death and resurrection, and ask Jesus to be your personal Savior, and live in your heart, you are. Remember, the Bible says Jesus is the only way to heaven! The Bible also contains all the answers for the questions above.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment