Sunday, October 19, 2014

Jesus At Calvary

It Is Written,1 Corinthians 1:18, for the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Have you ever wondered what went through Jesus mind during holy week? Have you thought about how hard it was?
When Jesus rode that donkey, and all the people were cheering wildly, He could see that in a few short days, they would be yelling wildly for His crucifixion. He didn't let His anguish show. He continued to heal even those who would call for His blood.
Think how you feel before going to the dentist. That is nothing, compared to what Jesus felt, but you get the idea of what I mean by anticipation. At the Last Supper He was anticipating the most horrible death imaginable. He still washed the apostles feet, and carried on under tremendous stress.
He prayed in the garden, by Himself. His apostles didn't know what was going to happen, so they just slept while He was in anguish. Anyone else would have run away. When the soldiers came to get Him, they couldn't wait to abuse Him, so they beat Him all the way to the so-called trial. Was He thinking about himself? I doubt it. He was thinking about us, even though He knew so many would not come to Him.
As He was being scourged, and His skin was being ripped off, and His muscles cut to pieces, I imagine He was thinking about all of those who would be saved because of His suffering. Every time the whip hit He was thinking about another affliction healed. Every drop of blood, more sins were forgiven. He took it all for us, no shortcuts or easing of pain for Him. He hung on until all sins were forgiven, all sicknesses and infirmities healed.
When He was being crucified, He thought about His death and resurrection, and how through His resurrection, satan would be defeated, and we would gain salvation, by accepting what He did for us. In spite of all His suffering and pain, He probably felt some joy in what He was doing to win us back. All he went through was not in vain.
Isaiah 53, tells the story much better than I can. When I saw the passion of the Christ movie, I could not imagine the courage it took to go through that, especially when you figure how much people hated Him. The reality is, He did it all for you and for me.
To add to showing us how much He loved us, He asked His father to forgive them for they know not what they do. We can all show our love for Him, by following His teaching as much as possible, and as the Holy Spirit leads. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment