Sunday, October 26, 2014

Prayer With Feeling

It Is Written 1 Corinthians 2:5, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Those of us who grew up with memorized prayer, usually had no clue about what the prayers actually said, and faith was not connected with them in most cases. This often lead to problems down the road in our prayer lives. I believe the answer to this dilemma came to me by way of the Holy Spirit.
Before I tell you, I would like to explore a few things about prayer. I don't think I was the only one with questions. Patience please.
We have all heard about people feeling a warm sensation, and said they felt what they described as like a flow of electricity, and other various feelings like tingles or whatever. Some preachers with big-time healing ministries, have talked about feeling power in an arm, or a hand. And they would not even pray for someone to be healed until they felt that.
Now for us average folks. We pray for healing for someone, and we don't feel anything. Our brains have set us up for failure by comparing us to the people I mentioned. We did not feel what they did. As a result, deep in our hearts we did not expect the healing to happen.
You have probably felt as frustrated and disappointed as I did. So you try harder to build your faith, so you can be someone who feels something positive when you pray. It doesn't work that way. Read on.
The other day I was sitting in my car waiting for my wife. She was in a store for quite a while. I happen to notice an old couple coming to the store. She was struggling pushing a walker, and her husband was bent over, and having an equally hard time walking. I was wondering why they didn't park in a handicapped spot 10 feet from the door.
As this couple passed me, I blessed them in Jesus name, and asked Him to bring them salvation if they weren't saved already. I really hoped for a feeling that the prayer was answered. Human nature I guess.
Just then I felt that small voice in my heart. I am sure it was the Holy Spirit. He said to me, what makes you think that your prayer was not answered? God knows your heart. When you pray for someone, it is because I lead you to. Prayers always come from your spirit, and my power is connected to them. You just pray, I make it happen.
satan works on your brain all the time. If he can get you disappointed, because you didn't feel anything, he has created a block to that prayer. Your spirit can make your brain stop the negative stuff if you let it. Tune the brain out, and your spirit will do the rest.
When you pray, regardless of what your brain says, the spirit will always work. You don't have to feel anything, or do anything else. The Holy Spirit I believe led you to pray, so you do your part and He will do His.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment