Thursday, October 16, 2014

Guard Your Heart

It Is Written John 14:1 let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in me.
For some reason, whenever something good or bad affects someone we love, we feel it in our hearts. I am no Dr., so I can't say for sure that there is no reaction physically in the heart. It could be that our conscious mind sends some kind of signal to the heart that tells us if we are expressing joy or sorrow.
This message is not meant to be a medical report on the heart. It is here just to set up the rest of the message.
When you are in church and you hear a hymn you really like, you might say it touches your soul. You feel something in your heart, and you may even weep. Another example of a different kind, is a loved one who was hurt or sick. You again feel like a pain in your heart and sadness in your mind.
Life is full of such incidents. How do we deal with them? The answer is, trust in the Lord with all your heart. Whenever you encounter one of these heart touching events, just say to yourself "let not your heart be troubled" you will have peace in your heart. After telling yourself for a week or two, you will find that your level of faith is higher. Guarding your heart is nothing more than repeating Jesus words to yourself. Let not your heart be troubled. Trust in me. Praise the Lord.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, and your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment