Thursday, October 23, 2014

Spirit And Body

It Is Written, Job 33:4, the spirit of God has made me. And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
As most of us know by now, we are his spirit created in the image of God. We have a body through which the Holy Spirit can act. Simple, right?
Your spirit is in your heart. The spirit of God communicates to the spirit in your heart. If you make an effort to know the Holy Spirit, and listen spiritually, you can feel His message as though He were shouting in your ear. You have probably heard people say that God told them something. You may have thought they were a little wacko. Well maybe some of them were, but it is a real experience.
You can ask the Holy Spirit to pray with your spirit while you sleep. He does. A number of times I woke up in the middle of the night aware that I was praying. The spirit in you, is in direct communication with God through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will give you advice, listen to you, and talk to you, if you ask Him to. 1 Corinthians 12:7 – 11 tells about the gifts and how they work through people. There are countless books about the Holy Spirit and who He is and what He does.
The Holy Spirit expects each of us to use our bodies to live as Jesus did. Your spirit, the one who is you, has direct communication with the Holy Spirit, and knows what is right in the sight of God.  Your brain which is  your soul, must join forces with the spirit to control the body. Your spirit is in charge. It must not be ignored. The spirit tells the soul, the soul directs the body. The spirit is designed by God with the plan to get you to heaven.
satan tries to get your body to rebel and follow him and the world his way. This is the pathway to destruction. You are a spirit. You are in charge. The body is a tool that you use. All of this of course is through the Holy Spirit. An example; A Carpenter uses a hammer to build a chair, the hammer does not say, I will build a bookcase instead. Praise the Lord.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment