Thursday, October 9, 2014

Charities

I am sure that all of us have been bombarded by countless charities. Most are legitimate, and unfortunately some are scams.
If you go online to Charity navigator, you can get the facts about many charities. Things like how much of every dollar actually gets used for what they say as well as administrative expenses are listed. I like to see my money being used for the reason I sent it.
Many people are out on the street collecting for homeless people, abused spouses, kids into drugs, and even for uniforms for a sports team. Most are unknown, and some are probably just plain old theft.
I have been approached at gas stations, parking lots, and on the street. Most of the time I have been moved to help. It's the same thing in front of stores. I just ask God to forgive them if they are not legitimate and forgive me if I don't give to someone who needed it.
Many times near a store like Walmart, or at an intersection, you see a healthy looking young person, or sometimes a raggedy looking, dirty looking older person is standing with a sign that says homeless. Most people pass these people up. I must confess that I did too at one time.
The Bible says we are not to judge, so I try not to. We keep some cash handy in our car, so that if we stop and one of these types is there, it is easy to give them some money before the light changes. When we hand them the money, we tell them God bless you.
We do not give a thought to whether they need it, or are lazy. It is not for us to judge. We figure we do it according to God's will, and if they are wrong in what they do, it is between God and them. After all He does say  love your neighbor, and this is part of it.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment