Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Redemption

Greetings, My Friends;
As I look back, a good number of years, I have often thought that my life would have been so different if I knew then what I know now. If I had counted on God instead of my own bad decisions, who knows what would've happened. The thing that I didn't realize was that God was looking out for me even though I didn't recognize him. The following few paragraphs will give you an idea of how everything unfolded. Everything I write is true.
But over the years I have been saved so many times from disaster, it's incredible. I haven't had the usual problems you hear about from a lot of people, such as drugs or booze, possibly gambling. Those are fairly common. My actions on occasion could have resulted in some severe consequences. I didn't even realize what I was doing, or just plain didn't care. I thought since I was doing my best to love and take care of my family as I understood it, everything was okay.
One of my biggest problems was a typically carnal one. I reacted to people and circumstances around me. I saw nothing wrong with the way I was. In the real world, everything was acceptable. I realize now that pride was one of my biggest problems. When you have too much pride, you have a tendency to create problems. All of this led to a stress filled unhappy life. My little family was great, but I am sure that the way I was probably affected them very much.
As I told my wife many times in the last several years, God must really love me, because he has protected me from myself. In 1972  my mother-in-law gave me a book called praise the Lord anyway. I read it and tried it. I never met anyone who loved Jesus as much as my mother in law. She would say little things once in a while that really stuck in my head. The trouble is, it took years for me to realize the meaning of what she said. I am sure she prayed plenty for all of us, especially me.
Now will skip ahead about 2 weeks. I was on my way home from work on a very cloudy day. I was on the exit ramp from the expressway. I just started to get off, and feeling very depressed. I don't know why, but I said if you are God, help me to know. Just then, even though the day was dark and cloudy, I saw the brightest light that you can possibly imagine. It was so bright that it blinded me completely. I don't know how I didn't have an accident. I was crying uncontrollably and felt total peace and joy. That light was so bright and intense that to this day I have never seen anything that I could compare it to. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough at the time to take the hint and pursue it. If I had talked to my mother-in-law, I am sure my life would have changed at that point. Call it pride or stupidity, the results are the same.
When I sat down to write this message, this was not the message I was going the write. Since I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, I believe he puts messages in my heart, and I take a step of faith every time I write one. I guess the whole point of this story is it is never too late.  Prayer from someone who loves you and the mercy of God will save you.  God doesn't condemn you, so forgive yourself and love Him back.
God bless you, and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment