Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A new look at trust

Greetings, My Friends;
Today I thought I would repeat a message that I put out 2 years ago when I was a new blogger. At that time I was trying to do it on my own because I didn't realize what I'm about to tell you.
I was sitting around as usual, with my mind wandering as usual, and it happened to settle on trusting God. I had been listening to a couple of preachers and they'd tell you pretty much just do it. You get the idea from listening to all of these people that unless you trust in God and believe His message prayers will probably not be answered.
I figured they knew what they were talking about, so I began to pray just as hard as I could. At this moment in time, I really wasn't familiar with how God spoke to people. I guess I was waiting around for an audible word which did not come. Even though I was born again, I still had a lot to learn. I continued to pray, but I was starting to get frustrated. I heard a message about that little voice in your heart, and everything began to make sense to me. Now when I prayed I relaxed about the whole thing, and made a conscious decision to trust in the Lord.
It occurred to me that the world is full of things that we do trust, and they are so fragile that it is ridiculous to put so much faith in them. For instance, your car, getting you where you want to go, food in stores,  water from the tap, your next paycheck, and it goes on and on. If we can have so much faith in all of these worldly things, why not trust God, the one who created all of these things. God's arm is not too short for our day-to-day needs. The Lord wants us to be happy, and have faith and trust Him. Just as you would expect from a loving father.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you!

" God in Heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment