Monday, June 10, 2013

Ongoing Prayer

Greetings, My Friends;
There are many kinds of, prayer or ways of praying. I saw the movie fiddler on the roof several years ago, and I got a real kick out it. The main character named Reptevia, talked to God quite a few times during an average day. Some of his prayers were funny as well as  serious. Many times he would refer to the good book. When he wanted to prove a point to someone, he would say " the good book says". Where he got his quotes is a mystery, because very little was from the good book.
I started thinking about what he was doing, and it began to make a lot of sense to me. If you didn't know better, you would think he was talking to someone that was with him. The whole idea got my mind going. If God is always with us, and he is, why not talk to him in that real, personal manner. He isn't some unreachable God billions of miles away. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that prayers must be long, you must dress in a certain way, or be in a special place. The only requirement is that your prayer is sincere. There is no particular form, either. It should, however, come from your heart.
On many occasions during the day, I pray. For instance, if I am playing golf, and there are a number of people watching, or even when I'm alone, I asked the Lord to help me to do my best. If one of the guys I am with is having a bad day, I occasionally ask the Lord to help him. As we play I thank the Lord for the beautiful day, the peaceful surroundings, and for the fact that I am able to go out and enjoy it.
If you get in the habit of seeing with your spirit, even a rainy day is beautiful. Every time you thank the Lord, because you can see, here, speak, walked, take care of yourself, or any of hundreds of blessings you are praising him and saying a prayer. If you will take the time to see and appreciate God in everything, you will notice how much joy comes into your life.
When I have any project, I always ask the Holy Spirit to help me, and He does. Every once in a while I get a little overconfident and I forget to ask for his  help. Believe me, he reminds me. The beautiful point is that even when I don't ask him first He bails me out and makes it right.
The whole point is your whole day can be a prayer. All it takes is something as simple as, thank you for this day Lord or I can sure you use your help with this project. You will be blessed more than you think. The Lord wants a close personal, intimate relationship with you. Acknowledge him, and he will do the rest.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you!
Prayer of Salvation.

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment