Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Christian Friend





Greetings, My Friends;
I would like to tell you about a true Christian of love for another person. This is not about some terrific act that was done that put someone in jeopardy or anything like that. We'll call the friend, Carol. But first I would like to give you a little background leading up to the story.
As I said a week or two ago, my sons  built a pond for my wife for Mother's Day, about 14 years ago. Because of the love and attitude they had when they did it, it was one of the most precious things my wife had. I say had, because she no longer has it.
There are two little girls that live next door to us. We found out that when we are away for the weekend, they come over and throw rocks in it and generally hang around. The thing that concerned my wife the most,  was the fact that the girls are small, and the pond was about 2 1/2 feet deep.
My wife called her friend, Carol, who is very artistic and asked her to help design a rock garden to replace the pond. Well, Carol came over and came up with a very nice design.  As Carol and my wife talked, Carol said that she enjoys that kind of work, and she would like to do it. If you saw her place you would believe what she says, because it is absolutely beautiful. I get tired thinking about the work she put into it.
Back to the story.  She came over the next day and told my wife that she was going to redo the pond as a gift to her. She said that since it was a gift, she did not want any help. My wife tried to assist in a few little ways, and I helped by staying out of the way. It looked like a 3 day job, but it only took her 6 hours. I asked her how that was possible, and she replied that the Lord helped her do it.
The new rock garden looks fabulous. 2 days later she dug up some ground cover in her yard, and she and my wife planted it in a drizzle. One of the neighbors in a joking way said, you guys must be dedicated or nuts.
This whole episode goes to show a couple of things. While something like the loss of something you love hurts, if the Lord is involved, it is replaced by something you love just as much or more. Carol blessed us by what she did. She did all of that work out of true Christian love.  A real friend for many years.
God bless you, and remember,
Jesus loves you.
" Oh God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment