Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Planting Seeds

Greetings, My Friends;
I write these messages because I feel led to do it. My personal experiences, are probably, much like a large number of people. When I relate my experiences, I am hoping they help you find out that I am giving you what I think is a heads up that saves you some grief.
When you realize what you have when you are a Christian, the normal thing is to want to share the good news with everyone. The trouble is, not everyone wants to hear the good news.
I know a few Christians that want to save the world, and they will try everything they can think of to as they put it, save someone. I know their hearts are in the right place, but I have seen a couple of people really turned off by their methods. They browbeat people, use scare tactics, and anything else they can think of to get a person to say the prayer of salvation.
In the first place, if someone does say they accept Jesus as their personal Savior, are they sincere or trying to escape? That does no good. You have to realize that God has a plan for everyone, and His time is what counts. I came to realize that our job is to plant the seeds, and the Lord makes them grow. When we rest with anything, the Lord works, and when we work the Lord rests. We do our part, He does His. It has been my experience that when you meet a person, sometimes you are led to talk to them, and they are receptive to what you say. The Lord has other servants besides you and me. He knows who will accept Jesus since before time began. He has the plan, and He will help you follow it, if you listen with your heart.
I write these messages with this thought that what I do, or write is guided by the Holy Spirit. I do not know how many people that read my message are already saved, and how many aren't. I do not concern myself with numbers of readers, or what to say. I put all of that in the Lord's hands. I just rest in the Lord, and keep planting seeds.
God bless you, and remember,
Jesus loves you!
The prayer of salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment