Monday, June 24, 2013

Complaining

Greetings, My Friends;
Many people are unhappy for many different reasons. Marriages, children, jobs, money, are all among the things that are most common things for people to complain about. A spouse that doesn't understand, children that aren't acting the way you expect, your boss doesn't appreciate you, and on and on it goes.
It's too hot out. It's too cold out. Too much rain. Not enough rain. On and on. We find so many reasons to complain. What a lot of us don't realize is the damage we are doing to ourselves when we complain. We feel sorry for ourselves, and I believe it does 2 things. You are predicting your future, and 2nd, your mind closes to any possible solution.
Believe it or not, what ever you vocalize becomes your future. When you constantly talk about something negative, you convince your subconscious that what you say is chiseled in stone. Your subconscious will then guide you to the fulfilment of what you complain about.
Let me give you a simple example. You come home from work , and tell your wife. I really had a tough day today, I don't think I can cut the grass this evening. Your mind and your body are happy to go along with that idea. Keep complaining and talking like that and it won't be long until you can't even drag your  worn-out body to the couch.
The more you complain about something and talk about it, the worse it gets in your mind. This type of problem is tough especially on family members. It is depressing when you are constantly bombarded by a complainer. Anyone that tries to help just gets frustrated because the complainer is enjoying being miserable. It is a good way to alienate anyone that comes in contact with them.  Then true to form, the complainer starts complaining that no one likes them.  Pretty sad.
What does God say about complaining?
Philippians 2:14 "do all things without complaining and disputing"
Numbers 11: 1, "Now, when the people complained, it displeased the Lord, for the Lord heard it, and his anger was aroused. So the fire of the Lord burned among them, and consumed some in the outskirts of the camp.  Forget complaining and try seeing the blessings from God. Just as negative produces negative, positive produces positive.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment