Sunday, June 23, 2013

Choose to Believe

Greetings, My Friends;
Many people say that they would like to believe, but they just can't. They love to knit pick the Bible as though they were an attorney pleading a  case. The sad part is that they usually don't know anything about what they can't believe in. People take a few words here and there and conjure up their own story to match what is convenient to them. If they took the time to read the verse in front of, or in back of the words they just picked out a year, they might discover the real story.
The solution to the whole problem is pretty simple if you give it a chance. Start out with the thought that eternity is forever. If you don't think that you have at least 20 min. a day for the Lord, the devil will make sure you don't.
Okay, that's covered. Now we begin. Set aside time for the Lord every day. You can get an MP3 player loaded with the Bible. Listen in your car. If you prefer, get a good study Bible. A study Bible has the story on the upper part of each page, and an explanation of each verse on the bottom of the page. This will really help your understanding of the Bible. Take your time, you aren't in a race.
If you don't understand something, read it again. If something doesn't make sense, do what I do. I know the Bible is the word of God, not by my intellect, but by my spirit. Therefore, I choose to believe what it says. If God said it, and he did, I figure there was some way he said it so we can understand.
If you follow this plan for a while, you will begin to see what I'm talking about. You will begin to see how much God loves you and wants you to be with him forever. In my own opinion, and this is not biblical or something. I heard a preacher say as I said strictly my own opinion, the Bible was written the way it was to test our faith. Many things were written for believers to understand. When you seek the Lord with all of your heart,  He helps your spirit to understand. Anything else that still remains a puzzle will be answered in eternity. Remember eternity is forever. Give yourself another chance by seeking the Lord . Choose to believe.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you!
Prayer of salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment