Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mentoring

Greetings, My Friends;
Many times I have talked about helping other people. There are so many ways to make a difference in someone's life. One of the ways is something not too many people think of, and that his mentoring. There is practically no way to get through life without running across examples of someone doing it, receiving it, or ignoring this great opportunity.
Everyone has a first job, unless you were born rich. When you start the job, chances are there will be a number of things you will need to learn. Usually, the same holds true if you change jobs, or get promoted. At this point, you can ask an older employee to help you to learn. All a lot of people are more than happy to help someone. Unfortunately, there are some people who won't.
There are many reasons for not helping. Some people don't feel they can teach. Maybe there is a language problem. Sometimes you might run into an answer like, I had to learn the hard way, do you think you're special? In a more skilled position, some people think it is job security to keep information to themselves. I am sure there are dozens of reasons. Even the absurd makes sense to some people.
If you get the opportunity to teach someone, either because they asked, or you approached them, always do your best. Mentoring covers a lot of ground. The right attitude can encourage someone, possibly for life. Teach them everything you know. If they have trouble understanding, find another way to explain it. Have patience and understanding. Maybe they don't learn as fast as you do. Make yourself available for questions or problems.
Some of the benefits to you,  are the knowledge that you are making a difference in someone's life. Possibly a better position for you in the future, because someone you trained can take your place, so you can move up. Just remember that one time you were in their spot and how much you appreciated someone mentoring you. There is no better way to show a real Christian attitude then to do what you can to help your fellow man.
God bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves you!

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment