Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Unbelief

Greetings, My Friends;
Unbelief is defined as sin in the Bible. John 16:9, "of sin, because they do not believe in me." and 1 John 5:10 "he who believes in the son of God has the witness in himself, he who does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of his son."
I guess you can get the idea of how the Lord feels about unbelief. I know of at least 70 verses in the Bible concerning unbelief. These verses, concern just people. There are even more verses concerning nations. If you check a good  concordance, like Strongs, and read some of these verses, you will quickly discover that unbelief is not cool, or something to just ignore.
I must confess that at one time in my life, and that covered many years, I was so wrapped up in life, that I never gave faith a thought either way. I guess when most people have an ordinary life, they probably don't think much about it either. The funny thing is when most of us are faced with a crisis, we have a tendency to ask, or even  beg  God for help.
It seems to me that one of the biggest problems with a lot of people is not that they don't believe in God, but pride gets in the way and makes them think that they don't need God. They feel they can handle it. That was my problem. Another common idea is "I don't want to bother God with these little problems." You cannot be farther from the truth. In Matthew 21:22 "and whatever things you ask in prayer, believing you will receive".
If most of these people knew how much the Lord loves them, they would be believers. Look at it this way. If you know your earthly father loves you so much that your happiness and well-being was all he cared about, would you ask him for something? And having asked, would you believe he would give it to you? How much more so our heavenly Father loves us.
Here comes the great revelation. Read the word of God and see how much He loves those who believe. He chose you before He created the universe. Don't let His blessings pass you by. Choose to believe now.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and wash in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment