Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Holy Communion

Greetings, My Friends;
As most people know, the last supper of Jesus was actually the beginning of what we call Communion. Matthew 26:26 – 28 Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to his disciples and said, "take, eat, this is my body"He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "drink from it all of you, for this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed, for many for the remission of sin".
While most people are aware of this, they do not really understand what the actual meaning of Communion is. This included me until a few years ago. I'll tell you my story briefly. It may seem familiar to you, because it could be your story too.
When I was 7 years old, I made my first Holy Communion. At that age, I barely knew I was alive. All we were told was that it was a big deal. It was the body and blood of Jesus Christ and it was very holy. Sound familiar? Many years later I heard Joseph Prince talking about Communion. I was very happy to finally hear the facts. I wanted to tell everyone I know. It finally made everything clear and exciting.
Briefly, here it is; Jesus beatings and broken body, which He suffered in our place, caused our bodies, minds, and spirit to be healed. Isaiah 53:5 "He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed." This blood he washed away all of our sins and made us righteous in Jesus sight.
Joseph Prince also said this about the meaning of Communion. Visualize your infirmity on Jesus broken body. He took it upon himself, so you don't have to. Since we found out just what Jesus death and resurrection really mean, we walk in God's blessings. Jesus said, "do this in memory of me." Nowhere does it say that Communion must be administered by another person. Preacher or otherwise.
My wife and I repeat Jesus words and receive holy Communion every day, and believe we receive what Jesus death and resurrection did for us.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word , I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment