Thursday, June 27, 2013

Waiting on God

Greetings, My Friends;
There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about what this means. For many years, I had an opinion shared by many people. It is a copout, so you don't have to do anything. An excuse to be lazy. Not true. Finally, by the grace of God I figured it out.
Over the years, even the concrete between my ears would occasionally realize that some things just seem to happen. No rhyme or reason, to the carnal mind at least. Time would go by and something else would happen. It finally got to the point where I recognized  what was going on, and it always seemed to be for my benefit.
I have written that I believe God has taken care of me and protected me from myself, my whole life. I believe that even if you haven't accepted Jesus yet, the Lord knows that someday you will, so he starts taking care of you. He does this by putting little thoughts in your head. Desires in your heart, even times when we say that a little voice told us something. What most people don't realize is it all of the above are true.
Okay.  Getting back to the waiting on God.  Suppose you would like to have a new car, but you can't make up your mind.  Indecision about anything is not God. Pray about it, asking God for an answer. Then just thank Him for what you asked for.  If it will be for your good and does no harm to someone else, you will eventually hear that little voice, or have peace in your heart. At that point, you will know. It doesn't matter if it is a fishing rod or a new house. God will work it out. All you have to do is thank him and step out in faith. If let God control it, it will be really terrific.
One more thing I found out a long time ago. A lot of decisions we humans make are through haste, emotion, pride and many other reasons. Remember, decisions made without God, most times end up being a disaster. So go to God, wait on him,  follow the peace in your heart. He wants to give you his best, give him your best.
God bless you, and remember,
Jesus loves.
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and wash in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment