Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Great Commission

Greetings My Friends
It is written in Mark 16:15 – 18 and He said to them, "go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs shall follow those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak, with new tongues; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover".
These few verses cause problems for many people, including scholars.
First of all it does not mentioned specifically that you must confess Jesus as your Savior, and believe what He did on the cross, and His resurrection was for you.
Second, Bible scholars disagree on whether or not these things died with the apostles, or they are still valid today. I am not a Bible scholar as such, but I think there is ample evidence these miracles are still happening today.
Third, many people are frustrated because they think they are supposed to do what the apostles did, and they can't. They pray to do them, but nothing happens.
Fourth, the Holy Spirit gives gifts to believers as needed. No one has all of the gifts all of the time. When you pray in Jesus name and believe, you will get answers. I do not believe Jesus meant for each believer to have a full-time ministry in each thing mentioned. If he did, all of us would have ministers, and who would we help?
I have learned through painful experience. I believe what Jesus said, I also believe that since I am baptized in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit will give me promptings when I am supposed to lay hands, etc.
when you wake up in the morning, just say, Lord whatever you need today, I am available and willing. Mean it in your heart, and the Holy Spirit will do the rest.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment