Monday, July 14, 2014

A Bike Ride

Greetings My Friends
A couple of weeks ago, I started riding a bike. I ride on a very nice bike path in the forest preserves, a few minutes from my house.
This path is paved, about 6 feet wide, and is somewhat undulating in its nature. Kind of like a gentle roller coaster. Small hills and small downhills.
Since this path is through the forest preserves it is pretty scenic. It has a pleasant smell, and the path is almost always shady. On one side of the path is a small canal. When you ride back and forth, the canal is always on one side of you. The whole ride is peaceful to those who focus on it.
I guess subconsciously I felt this was too easy. I set goals for myself, so I could track my progress. Since I just started, I decided to turn around when I reached the 2 mile marker. I timed myself, so I had a goal to shoot for. I planned on going down a gear every other week. The lowest gear is the hardest. Right now you are either telling yourself that you have been there, or you are laughing hysterically.
You may have figured out by now, that if you enjoy the ride you can easily compare it to grace, but the way I did it you would compare it to the law. Instead of enjoying the ride in the surroundings, I concentrated on self-imposed rules and ignored the beauty.
As you know, when you are saved, an unlimited supply of grace comes with it. This grace is given to you, to enjoy life according to the word. If you are under the law, you can beat your brains out, have a miserable life, and you never will succeed. Be smart and make the right choice.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all of my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment