Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Salvation Plus

Greetings My Friends
Just recently I have heard a few preachers talking about people who have accepted Jesus, and kind of fell away. They said that a substantial number of new Christians, lost some of what they got when they were saved. The biggest reason for this, was lack of follow-up teaching.
All of the statements made an impression on me, because that is exactly what happened to me. As I said in the past, I witnessed a light that was so bright, that there is nothing I can compare it to. It happened when in desperation, I cried out to God to show me if he was real.
Up until that time I had never gone to church or thought about God. I gave up on religion when I was about 10 years old. Actually I had to go to church while I was in a religious grammar school. I believed in God, but something about the religion turned me off even at that early age.
The problem I had following the light experience, was that I didn't know what to do next. As far as I knew, there were very few preachers on TV 50 years ago. No cable. And I must admit, I didn't try very hard to grow in faith.
There are now a number of ministries that give booklets about what to do next, to people who are saved. I don't know how many people read these booklets and follow the advice, but they really should.
I guess some people look at statements like "study the Word" as if it were a law, and are turned off. It is true that if you are truly saved, even a lazy Christian will go to heaven. Jesus still loves you, but I'm sure He is sad, because if you don't know what He has for you, you can't receive.
Most of us are average people. God has a plan for each of us. If we do all we can to form a relationship with Him, He will take the next step. I missed a lot of years, and all of the blessings that could have been mine. I was lazy,had a pride problem, and you might say worshiped some idols. He still forgave me.
God will meet you where you are, if you let Him. Use your heart and brains, and follow Him. Since I woke up, the grace and favor of God in my life has been overwhelming. It can be for you too. I guess by now, you have probably figured out, that in order to get anything from the Lord, you have to know what He has for you. The answer is in the Word. Praise the Lord. Amen.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Praise the Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment