Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Bible Is the Light







Greetings My Friends
I was looking at some pictures I took the last time I was up north. The pictures are nice, but the real thing was much more impressive.
I was standing on a breakwater, that went out into the lake about a quarter of a mile. The day was overcast, and windy. The lake looked angry, and you could feel its power as it splashed up on the concrete.
Lake Michigan has a history of shipwrecks. There were no lighthouses until the early to mid 1800s. Ships would run aground, smashup on the rocks, and sink, costing probably 1000 lives or maybe even more.
The lighthouses were built to warn sailors about danger. It helped the ships steer clear of the hazards. Those that didn't pay attention, were lost.
While looking at these pictures, I heard a small clear voice. It said "you know, life is sometimes like the angry lake, or a deceitfully quiet Lake. This pretty much describes how life can be. The Bible is like a lighthouse".
This comparison really made an impression on me. The Bible keeps us from all kinds of disasters, if we pay attention to it. If we choose not to, consequences we face could be unbelievably more catastrophic.
When it is sunny, and a gentle breeze is blowing over the lake, it does not mean you stop looking at the lighthouse. The lake can get violent within minutes, with no warning.
You see life is a lot like the lake. Just because everything is wonderful at the time, you must still keep your eyes on your lighthouse, which is the word of God. Your life can turn like the weather. But as long as you keep the Bible as your lighthouse, you may get tossed around a little, but you won't sick.
One final thought. The light in a lighthouse can go out, but since Jesus is the light in the word, you never have to worry about it going out. This message may sound a little confusing, but give it some real honest thought, and I think you'll see what I've been trying to say.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all of my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment