Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Cross Of Jesus

Greetings My Friends
All through my growing up years, and a large part of my adult years, I never gave much thought to the crucifixion of Jesus. Naturally I heard of it, but I either didn't pay much attention to it, or it was never really explained to me.
I think most people today, only know the Hollywood version. So when you look at a movie, and combine it with lack of real knowledge, it is easy to see why so many people didn't give a second thought to what Jesus did.
We can't place all of the blame on churches. First, you have to actually go and pay attention. In my own life, it seems to me that churches in my childhood, were a lot different than churches today. And I thank God for the churches we have today.
When I was growing up, we sure didn't get Bible instruction in church. We heard a few verses, and that was it. Every Sunday the same thing. I didn't know if there were Bible studies or not, no one ever mentioned studying the Bible on our own, so we didn't even think about it.
A number of years ago, I heard a preacher talk about Jesus and the cross. He actually explained what it meant in detail. I was amazed. I started checking out other preachers, and they all said the same thing. One day one of the preachers said, when it comes to the Bible, don't take my word for it or anyone else's. He said, it is your responsibility to verify for yourself, using the Bible.
Isaiah chapter 53 tells the story in gruesome detail. A pretty good picture of what Jesus endured. You don't get that from a Hollywood movie.
To make the story of what He accomplished for us short and to the point. . By His stripes we were healed of all infirmities and afflictions. The stripes were severe lacerations from the scourging. By His blood our sins were all forgiven, past, present, and future. By His resurrection He conquered death, thereby giving us eternal life, if we choose to accept.
He went through all of this for us. We are saved and entitled to all He did for us, just by acknowledging Him as our Savior and what He did for us.
We should all be so grateful that we walk around with joy in our hearts, and never ask for another thing. God knows we are human and can't do that. But because we accept Jesus and what He did, God wants us to have all good things and the desires of our hearts.
Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, for making the ultimate sacrifice for us.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment