Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Know the Real Jesus

Greetings My Friends
I think most of us want to really know Jesus, rather than just know about Him. Knowing about Him is absolutely necessary, but it's definitely not the same thing. An example would be your spouse. You probably know all about them, but you don't really know them, until you feel what they feel. Love for most is beautiful, but real love is felt in your cuts.
I have been on fasts, to get to know the Lord better. I read the Bible, listen to CDs, read inspirational stories. I pray regularly and in the spirit. I usually do end up feeling closer to God, but it was mostly about what He did, not who He was.
Not too long ago I was thinking about prayer, and how sometimes we get answers, and sometimes it seems we don't. That is a question almost every Christian has grappled with. A little voice spoke to me, and the first thing I thought of was this message.
Jesus said we should love one another. When you pray for someone to be healed, you must remember that faith works through love. Are you loving your way, or Jesus way. Jesus is love, so the obvious answer is Jesus kind of love, that is what it takes.
Well it sounds simple, but how do you feel His love for you, and how do you have that kind of love for someone else? A fast with prayer is good, but by itself is only as good as your prayer. I have a suggestion that can be a big help. If you follow what I'm going to say, I think it will help you too. It certainly helped me.
Pick a book from the Bible. Try to read two chapters each day, until that book is finished. As you read each chapter, highlight the verses that stand out to you. Pay special attention to Jesus words in red. For this method I suggest sticking to the New Testament, starting with the gospel of John.
After you finish a book, take 2 verses to meditate on each day. Take your time and really meditate on what the Lord said or did. After a while you will begin to know Jesus, without even realizing it. If you spend some honest time doing this, I have found it really works.
I still fast once in a while, but now I meditate on Jesus words and deeds every day. The other person you should definitely know is the Holy Spirit. Meditate on Him too, because even Jesus got His power from the Holy Spirit.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment