Monday, July 21, 2014

God's Name

Greetings My Friends
One of the most misused things in this world, is the name of God. There are people who have a limited vocabulary, because most of what they say is cussing, and misusing God's name.
I am sure most of these people never heard of the first 2 commandments, or just ignore them. Using the Lord's name in vain, is about as serious a violation of God's laws you could get.
In the Old Testament, people had so much reverence for God's name, that it was forbidden to say it. If a scribe wrote that name, he immediately broke the writing instrument.
Think about this. Most people, when dealing with a wealthy person, or someone who has a higher position or is famous, they call that person Mr. or sir, etc. they are subservient to another person, but the creator is not generally referred to ,except in bad language.
We all have habits that we get into during our lifetime. A big part of it is the language we use, because a lot of the time, we are mimicking the people we are with. This however is no excuse. I realize we all do things without thinking, but some things are so important, that we must be aware of it at all times. This would include the use of the Lord's name. Remember it is written, that every knee shall bow at the mention of Jesus name. Does that sound like something you should take lightly?
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought salvation. Please forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment