Monday, July 7, 2014

Find Your Place in God's Plan

Greetings My Friends
If you have been reading some of my messages over the past year, you have probably noticed that I use some of my own experiences as examples. Today is no exception.
Watching preachers on TV, can be very inspiring, but they can also discourage you, if you don't look at the entire picture. Some of them have what I will call healing ministries. They talk about how prayer for healing by a believer with faith, can produce results. That is all true. By Jesus stripes, and crucifixion, we were healed.
Now comes the tough part, at least it was for me. I wanted to be able to see people healed so much, I was starting to be obsessed by the idea. I honestly had good motives in my heart. I wanted to help people and bring them to God. I did not want personal rewards, other than that I would be serving God.
I prayed about it daily. I told God that I am His and to use me. I felt that since my reasons were pure, and the fact that other people said the same thing, and were called by God, why not me?
God gives each of us a measure of faith, and the Holy Spirit. A few people are anointed to lead a life like an evangelist, or to have a healing ministry. They are led by and listen to the Holy Spirit. Their lives are totally dedicated to the Lord. God picked these people for what they do, just the way He chose the prophets.
So what about the rest of us? It is written that we all experience gifts from the Holy Spirit as needed. On several occasions I prayed for my healing, as well as for a couple of other people. I prayed because I felt in my heart that I should. When that feeling comes to me, I pray and believe, and healing has happened a number of times. There have been some occasions where I believe miracles happen. These were not healing s, but impossible things that turned out right. All of this showed me that what is written is true.
I started looking at my place in the Lord's plan. Picture the Lord as the master artist of all time. Picture His plan as a work of art. Now picture the masterpiece that He painted cut into thousands of pieces. Each one of us is one of the pieces. As this puzzle starts to be put together, it is a matter of time, until our piece is needed. We don't get to decide where we fit, we only decide that we want to be part of the picture. Each of us is vital to the picture, in order for it to be a masterpiece. Remember I am comparing the painting to God's plan.
If the Mona Lisa had only a part of the upper left, would it be a world-famous masterpiece, or would it be just one more incomplete work? We are all important to God, and no matter how small a piece we are, he still needs us to complete the painting.
So when I put all this in the proper perspective, and realize that I am not the creator, but the created, I can have total peace by realizing, that God is in control, and I don't have to figure anything out or worry about it.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, and by your stripes I was healed, and your death and resurrection brought salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Thank you Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment