Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Hereafter

Greetings My Friends
Now, that is a word that gets attention. Many people believe there is one, and many deny such a thing. It is very uncomfortable for most people to discuss. Let's take a look at the alternatives. All of us still have time to decide if we believe in heaven, hell, or nothing.
Let us start with nothing after death. If there is nothing, and that is what you believe, I guess it won't matter much to you. However, if the end of life is the beginning of eternity, how you lived your life will definitely have a bearing on where you spend forever. You probably should think about that.
Let's start with the best, heaven. There are stories told, and books written about heaven. All of this is usually written by people who claim they visited heaven. Whether they really did, is open for discussion. Most of these stories agree for the most part. They all talk about indescribable peace and beauty. Whether the streets are gold or not, or joules are everywhere, is immaterial. I think those speculations are intended to give our brains a picture of an extraordinary place.
There are, as you might expect, stories about visits to hell. Again maybe they did, and maybe they didn't. In any case, the stories are about, burning, demons waiting, loneliness, unable to breathe, and other horrible tortures, including the knowledge that you will never get out.
I believe that heaven is a much more glorious place. For one thing, God is a permanent resident. I think that if you try to imagine the most perfect and beautiful place, you couldn't make the tiniest description of what it is really like.
By the same token, I believe hell is so much more horrible than even the worst torturer in history could begin to visualize. Horror beyond imagination. Just as glorious as heaven is, hell is the opposite to the same degree. It is not a joke, you and your buddies will not be partying.
It is hard for the human mind to grasp how long eternity is. It is forever. So, you have a choice. Yes you. God will not send you there. You will send yourself. How?
If you accept Jesus as your personal savior with all your heart, you in effect are choosing heaven. If you reject Jesus on the other hand, you are choosing hell.
It is no joke. Everyone who thinks it is, is in for an eternal surprise. Don't listen to celebrities, people in power, or anyone else. It is your future, you decide.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all of my sins, and by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment