Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Finding Peace

Greetings My Friends
I am starting this message with an honest question. If you are totally honest with yourself, it will undoubtedly help you at times.
Have you ever felt lost? Felt like a cork on the ocean? Empty inside? Couldn't put your finger on the problem? I have.
The last time I felt that way, I kept telling myself that I had no reason to feel that way. A small voice in my heart told me to take a good long look at what I am doing, or not doing.
Over the years, I have developed a kind of routine for my day. While a large part of my day is flexible, one part is not. The first part belongs to the Lord. It includes private time with the Lord, the Bible, morning prayer and communion with my wife, and these messages.
I do this because I feel I need it. It is like eating when you are hungry. I do not do it out of any attempt to bribe God. I do it in order to know Him better.
Okay, back to the voice. I look at my day, and there are times for whatever reason, I don't quite measure up to my idea of fulfillment. Maybe I didn't spend as much time as I wanted to for whatever reason. Maybe I missed communion for a day or two because I got involved with other things. I know God doesn't judge me that way, but I guess I am hungry for the closeness I feel I need.
I never did like written prayers, the exception is the Lord's prayer. I always liked the idea of talking to the Lord. It seemed more real. Every day I talk to the Lord, as I would to my most loved person in this world. It gives me a warm feeling, and helps me realize that he loves me. I use words from my spirit, not just words.
When you have a hard time like I described earlier, talk to your heavenly father. Make sure He is part of your life you cannot do without. You don't have to spend hours a day trying to be holy. Just give Him the first part of your day, and treat it as the most important part of your day. Any day you follow this plan, you will have a much smaller possibility of getting that empty feeling. Even a little time with the Lord at the beginning of the day, will put peace in your heart. It works every time. I very seldom have days like I described, since I realized what was wrong.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment