Sunday, August 3, 2014

Born Again, Again

Greetings My Friends
This may seem like a strange title, because when you are born again, that's it right? Right. It does however go deeper than that, I found out recently.
Many people including me, have been born again, but did not experience it the way some people do. I'm talking about the excitement part. We feel like we missed something. The fact is, we did. But it was revealed to me just recently.
When you see people on TV, web who have been saved, they all appear to be very excited and happy. They tell you about a life-changing experience. They do a complete turnaround. Some even end up as pastors.
Their stories are all pretty much alike. Drugs, alcohol, sex, violence. It seemed that most of them have broken most or all of the Commandments. Then one day they are saved. All is forgiven and made new. I think some of us at one time or another felt that we would be better off if we were more like them to begin with. I'm not making light of their experience, I'm just pointing out what would be a logical reaction by someone who did not go through what they did.
I don't know about anyone else, but I looked at my past life is fairly sin free. Of course I was comparing myself to the people I described. So when I was saved and receive some of what went with it, as far as blessings go, I was happy but not greatly excited. Somehow something was missing.
It was just a few weeks ago that the missing part started to trouble me again. I prayed about it and ask the Holy Spirit help me find what I was missing. Last Sunday, I spent the whole day after church listening to preachers. Each one said something that caught my attention, and went into my subconscious.
By the time evening came, I felt an urgency to talk to the Lord. I went to my private space, and before I knew it, I was confronted with all of the things in my life I was not proud of. I was convicted by the Holy Spirit to remember, at the same time I didn't feel as though I was being condemned. In my own mind, I was condemning myself. I poured out my guts to God, and felt repentance like never before.
I realized in a new way that a sin, is a sin. None of us is any better than anyone else. We all sin.
To make a long story short, I said the sinners prayer again, this time with as far as I know a truly repentant heart. I knew I was safe for the first time, but my inflated opinion of myself that allow me to see the truth. The song amazing Grace is my favorite, and I cannot listen without stopping and shedding tears. I guess it describes me pretty well. When you don't think you're so bad, there is too much that you overlook without even realizing it on your way to a repentant heart.
I now feel the power and excitement I was missing. If you feel something is missing, ask the Holy Spirit to tell you what it is. You'll be happy you did and don't be afraid to face the truth as I had to do.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment