Monday, August 11, 2014

The Bible


Greetings My Friends

Many people find the Bible hard to understand. l the average person reads a parable, and may or may not understand it. They can tell you the story, but usually not what it means.

The way to know Jesus, or the Bible is the same. If you read a parable, And the way, Jesus explains it to His apostles who didn't understand it either, and take the time to meditate on it, until you really understand it, you'll see what I mean.

After doing these exercises for a while, you'll begin to understand most parable's with little extra effort. Jesus and the Bible will become real to you, and be in your heart.

I played a little game with myself, and still do once in a while. I took the Old Testament prophets. I would read five or 10 verses, meditate on them, and write down what I thought they were about. I then took two or three study Bible's to see what they said about the same verses.

Sometimes I was close. Sometimes I was way off. When I was way off, I tried to figure out where I went wrong. The Holy Spirit is a big help in helping you understand.

It isn't necessarily how long you read each day, but the meditation you do. To me, that is the best way to get Jesus and the Bible from your head to your heart. It really isn't very complicated, and if you devote some regular time to the meditation of Bible verses, you will probably amaze yourself.


Remember Jesus Loves You

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment