Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 1

Greetings My Friends

It is written Philippians 4:13
I will do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
At first glance, you may or may not realize just how much power is in this verse. This is not just a feel-good verse. It's meaning is exactly what it says.
I will give you an example of how I started using this verse, a couple of weeks ago. As I said in a previous blog, I started riding a bicycle after many, many years.
As I got older and my lifestyle changed, my legs no longer had to work as hard as when I was young. As a result, my legs are not as strong as they used to be. Bad news for riding a bike.
About my third time out, I set a distance goal for myself. The trail had a series of hills. Nothing really steep, but to older legs a challenge.
As I wrote, my legs started to get tired, and then I started to get pains. I was determined not to give up. Almost automatically, I started repeating this verse over and over, as I was riding. To make a long story short, I made it.
I have found that every time the going gets tough, this verse gets me through. The Holy Spirit really is the helper Jesus said He would send. When you use this verse any time you don't think you can make it, it will help you too. You might as well do it, what have you got to lose?
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment