Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My Battle of Faith



It Is Written, James 1:3,  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
The message today is about a personal battle that I had recently.  I write at the Holy Spirit's inspiration,  because I feel in my heart that there are people who need to hear it.
My faith has continued to grow, but so have the attacks by satan.  When you have faith,  it isn't difficult to cast him out.  But as I have written in the past, he is sneaky.  He can work on you in such tiny ways over time that you don't notice.  That is exactly what he did to me.
 For the last couple of weeks, I felt like my faith was a little off.  Something seemed wrong.  I was still doing what I know to do, but the joy seemed to be missing.  I felt that it would pass, so I didn't think about it much.
I seemed to be drifting from the Lord.  I woke up one morning completely depressed.  I asked the Lord what was going on.  The answer that I got was true, so it hurt.  He said that something I've been doing for Him, has started to become something I do for me.  I was shocked and hurt, and as I thought about it, I realized  it was true.
At that point, I sincerely repented, and rededicated my life to Jesus.  The Lord is so loving, that when I did that, it seemed like a giant weight was lifted off of me.  Just that quick.
So my friends I learned another valuable lesson that I pass on to you.  All of us get attacked by satan, that is what he does.  We call on the Lord every day for wisdom and discernment, and he gives it to us, that is what He does.
Keep your eyes focused on Jesus, ask for His help everyday.  Don't worry if sometimes you seem too weary to cast satan from you.  God is always there, and meets you where you are, to help you.  One important thing to remember, is that if you start to feel that your faith is starting to slip, or your mind has negativity in it,  run to Jesus as fast as you can.  It is true that He will never leave you nor forsake you.
As I said this is a true account of what happened to me.  I expect it will help someone else, because I was compelled to write it.  Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart is my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment